Allplastics Engineering has responded to numerous requests from a wide range of industries such as picture framers, exhibition designers, retailers, glazing projects and many others for an acrylic that has an abrasion resistant surface.
As most users are aware while acrylic has a wonderful range of applications and advantages, it can be susceptible to scratching in heavy traffic situations or due to constant cleaning / rubbing.
We are stocking from mid-September 3mm and 4.5mm thick DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard S1(hard coated) sheets.
The coating sheet is on one side only to allow screen or digital printing on the other side as well as allowing gluing for fabricated displays.
DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard (cast acrylic panel) is a specially developed acrylic grade, which is highly abrasion/mar resistant (pencil hardness 6H), exceptional chemical resistance, excellent clarity & optical properties, outstanding mechanical properties & rigidity, simple to fabricate, whilst meeting with the difficult challenges of public glazing applications.
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited UV warranty.
- Excellent abrasion/mar resistance (pencil hardness 6H).
- Increased chemical and paint resistance on coated surfaces.
- Strength/mechanical properties.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Superior optical properties.
- High Rigidity.
- Good UV stability.
- Light weight.
- Gluing possible on an uncoated surface.
The combination of functional and visual attraction makes DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard panels an excellent choice for high traffic glazing & signage applications. The transparency of the panels, coupled with the high surface hardness, increased chemical resistance, plus reducing paint adhesion, enables DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard to be used in numerous applications. DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard also can be easily transported, having approx. 11 times the break resistance of glass & considerably lower weight. DONCHAMP® SurfaceGuard can be easily cleaned, with a much higher resistance against commercial cleaning solutions.
Is perfect for:
- Picture framing
- Electronic components (displays)
- Poker machine / gaming displays
- Furniture industry – back painted/protection layer enabling gloss appearance.
- White goods – Refrigeration parts
- Signage – Way-finding interior signage/directory displays
- Map protection
- ATM surrounds
- Machine Guards
- Double glazing
- Permanent sneeze screens / anti jump counter screens
- Museums and galleries
- 2440mm x 1220mm
- Other sizes available on request.
- 3mm and 4.5mm
- other thicknesses upon request.