Find and buy personal protective equipment (PPE) from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. Personal protective equipment is worn as protection against illnesses and injuries.
Factors to consider when buying PPE:
- Hazard assessment – Choose PPEs based on potential hazards. Different occupations require different PPEs. Types include protection for the eye and face, head, hands, legs, body and hearing and against fall and arc flash.
- Material – The fabric should be durable and provide sufficient protection against the identified hazard.
- Size – Should be the perfect fit to ensure comfort. Consider fitting and sizing guide from the manufacturer.
- Storage and maintenance – Should be stored in a clean and dry place such as PPE storage cabinets. Reusable PPEs should be kept clean and in good condition. Use only replacement parts that match the original.
- Durability – Consider maximum service time or end of life to know when to replace the PPE.
- Training – The wearer should be trained on the proper wear, care and disposal of PPEs.
- Adjustability – Applies to PPEs like harnesses, back support and goggles.
- Other features to consider – Compliance with government regulations and industry standards, ease of cleaning, chemical resistance, breathability, environment-friendly materials, certification.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on personal protective equipment. Delivery available Australia wide.