Progress Rail (or Progress Rail Services Corporation) is an American based, world wide business in the infrastructure industry with a focus on locomotives. Running 23 sites across Australia, the Caterpillar subsidiary increasingly manufactures, maintains and repairs a number of Australian rolling stock vehicles and tracks
Progress Rail was in need of an adjustable reading light intended to aid their locomotive drivers in the vehicle's cabin. The following requirements were submitted:
- Light output of 200+ lux to illuminate a timetable.
- Adjustable light direction
- Ability to withstand nominal interference of an industrial environment
After being supplied with the reliable Marker Light, Progress Rail contacted Innovec for a new product deemed the LEDRLE. This reading light was built to the stringent specifications and requirements of the appropriate industry standards and the client respectively.
The LEDRLE has a spring loaded eyeball allowing the user to easily alter the direction of the light without compromising tension. The constant tension of the eyeball allows the device to retain its user-set position despite interference commonly found in industrial environments, such as vibrations created by a moving locomotive.
The Reading Light functions by illuminating a timetable with sufficient light, allowing Progress Rail staff to safely and comfortably keep track of the locomotive's schedule, avoiding any unnecessary delays.
LEDRLE - READING LIGHT
The LEDRLE - READING LIGHT is a 24VDC/AC powered LED ARRAY (1 LED [light emitting diode]) INDICATING light supplied in a panel mount enclosure with an IP54 weatherproof rating.
- High intensity LED with a 15 degree viewing angle
- User adjustable light direction
- Eyeball is tensioned in place by rear mounted springs
- Available in white
- Constant brightness unaffected by voltage variance
- Nominal 24VDC – 24VAC [18-36V]
- Low cost - High performance
- Application is intended for rail and tram rolling stock
For over 25 years Innovec controls has been a specialist provider of process control instruments and electronics for the food and engineering industries. Supplying to some of Australia's Major food and industrial businesses and government contracts through a network of engineering wholesalers and suppliers.