Find and buy injection moulding machines from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. An injection moulding machine is designed to manufacture a wide array of complex items and parts using plastic.
Here are the things to consider when buying an injection moulding machine:
- Shot Size - Maximum amount of plastic that the injection machine can inject into the cavity in one cycle. Choose one that can produce 30-40% shot sizes than what you need.
- Type of injection moulding machine - There are three main types of injection machine including fully hydraulic, fully electric, and hybrid.
- Horizontal or vertical - The horizontal type is better when it comes to functionality and has the capability of producing products with varying sizes and shapes even in large scales.
- Tonnage - Tonnage is the clamping pressure or downforce that the equipment can direct towards the platens.
- Platen size - Platen is the tool used to hold the mould cavity. Ensure that you choose the right size that will perfectly fit the platen Injection.
- Unit size - Another factor to consider is the injection capacity of the machine. To calculate the injection unit size you need to factor in the cycle time, injection rate, cooling time, plastic material, plasticizing rate, peak injection pressure, shot weight, and hold time and pressure.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on injection machines. Delivery available Australia wide.