Location / job details:
- Project: Orange Base Hospital - Helipad
- Critical waterproofing and protection.
- Client: Greater Western Area Health
- Service. Applicator: TA Taylor Australia.
- Product: POLYEURO® 5502F + Staingard Topcoat.
- Completion: March 2012.
- Seal the leaking deck and provide long term protection of concrete surface to provide a membrane impervious to water and jet fuel.
- The coating had to provide a seamless application to the concrete surface.
- Extremely fast cure to minimise the time the helipad was offline.
- Provide a membrane with superior crack bridging properties the one year old slab was leaking water into operating theatres.
Product requirements and benefits:
- Fast cure, tough, resilient and elastomeric.
- Excellent chemical resistance properties to meet the potential exposure conditions over the expected in-service life of the product.
- Seamless application of the coating system.
- Abrasion and impact resistance to withstand mechanical damage from aircraft landing on the deck.