Technicians calibrate at the bench to ensure calibrations are effective and don’t result in degradation of performance.
They ensure that all components are in good working order prior to installation and can evaluate them when component failure is suspected.
The bench provides a stable ambient environment for calibration, an opportunity to use the most accurate equipment, and protection from factory conditions during the commissioning testing, and calibration of pressure transmitters.
How to perform the test
- Connect the transmitter test hose from the calibrator to the transmitter
- Connect the mA measurement jacks of the calibrator to the transmitter
- Set the pressure/vacuum selection knob to the necessary function
- Close the vent knob and supply metering valve
- Apply pressure or vacuum from the pump by holding down the pump button and release when the necessary pressure is reached
- Correct the pressure with the fine pressure adjustment
- Read the reference pressure and the current output of the transmitter from the display
- Repeat for all test points. If the measured mA signal at the test points is found within tolerance the test is complete. If not, then adjustment is required.