From all kind of fresh water (groundwater, river water, lake water, karst water…), Polymem ultrafiltration, as the primary treatment or complemented in an existing water treatment process allows production of an excellent and constant water quality regardless of the quality of the raw water.
– Turbidity <0.2 NTU 100% of the time
– Elimination of 99.9999% of microorganisms
– Removal of 99.99% of viruses
– Production and quality guaranteed
– Modules NSF and ACS approved
Modules to be used : ULTRAMEM and GIGAMEM® ranges
- No need for chemicals (coagulants, flocculates, disinfectants, pH adjustment).
- Ideal for drinking and beverage water sterile filtration where the natural occurring minerals are retained.
- Provides more stable and less corrosive water in drinking water applications.
- Size-exclusion filtration as opposed to media depth filtration;
- Good and constant quality of the treated water in terms of particle and microbial removal;
- Process and plant compactness; and simple automation.
- Low fouling membrane modules
- Excellent filtration performance with high flux
- High chemical resistance and temperature tolerance for effective membrane cleaning
- Very fine nominal pore diameter (0.03 µm)
- High removal efficiency of bacteria and viruses
- Dead-end or concentrate bleed flow capabilities
- Can be periodically back washed and air scoured to improve performance and extend operating life by removing the fouling layer
- Simple, vertical, modular design allows low cost, compact systems
- UF Outside-In or Inside-Out Configuration allows for less plugging and higher solids loading, higher flow area and easier cleaning.
Typical applications are:
- Sterile filtration of drinking and beverage water
- Treatment of surface water
- Recovery of filter backflushing water
- Separation of oil/water emulsions
- Recovery of electrodeposition paint
- Removal of metal hydroxides in wastewater treatment
- Separation of biomass in biotechnology
- Wastewater treatment and re-use
- Membrane bioreactors