Some of the various types of hoists available in Australia are:
These are fixed to the ground and require the vehicle to be driven to the hoists.
Two Post Hoists
Two post hoists are the most common because of their versatility and price. They have a set of arms that are angled with each other to allow mounting on the sides of the chassis, allowing the wheels to be left suspended in the air for easy access.
Four Post Hoists
Four post hoists have ramps that enable the vehicle to be driven onto them for the mechanics to lift the vehicle with the wheels on the platforms.
Mobile Column Hoists
These are mobile and can be moved around, saving space. The column hoists lift the vehicle through the tyres and require positioning with each vehicle depending on the number of tyres and the weight of the vehicle. They can be used in multiple configurations of 4, 6, 10 hoists based on the vehicle GVM.
These are completely mobile, with rechargeable batteries.
Some of the disadvantages of wireless hoists are:
- With a range of rating from IP40 to IP55, they are unsuitable for rugged environments, which means they are not able to withstand the harsh Australian environment
- Wireless hoists have a shorter lifespan which means that your business will eventually have to part with more money for a replacement set of hoists sooner
- Wireless hoists are more prone to breakdowns, affecting the productivity of your business and potentially costing thousands of dollars in repairs
- Wireless hoists require batteries which sometimes run out of charge or are not charged at the beginning of the shift, resulting in unplanned downtime
Endurequip Portalift is a wired mobile hoist with high capacity and reliability, suitable to use with a range of different vehicles, from public transport and military vehicles to rail and special vehicles. Each Portalift hoist is capable of lifting loads up to 7.5 tonnes. Combining posts into 4, 6, 8 and 10 increase the lift capacity to up to 75 tonnes.
We also offer cable management system which safely ensures your cables are off the ground and this is one of the most cost-effective solutions because there is no need to replace batteries or downtime for changing power supply.
The advantages of Endurequip Portalifts over wireless hoists are:
- Portalift Hoists are IP65 rated, dust proof and water resistant. As a result, they can be set up anywhere and are especially suitable for long term use in rugged environments such as mines or wash bays
- Portalift hoists are equipped with world famous RUD chain drive. This results in less wear and tear, meaning the Portalift system is less likely to breakdown, saving money and maximising productivity in the workshop
- Portalift Hoists are used exclusively by the Australian Defence Force, as they are rugged and reliable for field deployment
Read what Gemilang (Now Nexport) say about Endurequip Hoists which they have installed at their bus and coach manufacturing factory at Ballarat, Victoria. Full article here.
Endurequip has a twenty-year structural warranty, five-year mechanical warranty and one-year electrical warranty. Endurequip is Australia’s Number 1 and the only Australian Made portable heavy vehicle hoist company, giving you peace of mind with over three decades of industry knowledge.
Without Trucks Australia Stops. But when trucks need to go, Endurequip keeps them going!
Want to meet us?
Endurequip will be displaying at the 2023 Brisbane Truck Show which will be held at between 18-23 May 2023 at the Brisbane Convention Centre. Visit our stand to say hello to us and discover why Endurequip is Australia’s Number 1 and the only Australian Made portable heavy vehicle hoist company.
Get In Touch
We are happy to evaluate your heavy vehicle maintenance requirements and help you make the right choice. Call us today on 07 3809 1399