Find and buy surface grinders from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. A surface grinder is used to shape, sharpen and polish materials. Factors to consider when buying a surface grinder:
- Types – Choose the one best suited for the intended use.
- Angle grinders – The most common type, hand-held with a right-angled gear head and abrasive disc.
- Die grinder – Hand-held models ideal for shaping, polishing, engraving and contouring.
- Wet grinder – Used to grind and polish tiles and stones.
- Bench grinder – Stationary machines that feature a central motor, suitable for heavy-duty rust removal, tool sharpening, shaping, grinding and buffing.
- Belt grinder – Suitable for stock removal, deburring and finishing surfaces. Types include wide belt, platen belt, hand-held portable, stroke belt and centerless belt.
- Floor grinder – Large, walk-behind type used to level, polish or clean concrete surfaces.
- Power source – Choose either battery, electric or pneumatically-powered grinders. Some commercial-grade models use fuel such as propane, gas or diesel.
- Discs and wheel attachments – These include a cut-off wheel, diamond cut-off wheel, wire wheel-wire cup brush, polishing pads, abrasive grinding wheel, sanding disc and grinding stones.
- Other features to consider – compliance with international and industry standards, repair and maintenance, operator training, operating costs and costs of accessories and consumables.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on surface grinders. Delivery available Australia wide.