7 ESSENTIAL POINTS TO MAKE TEST AND INSPECTION CERTIFICATES FULLY COMPLIANT TO ISO 17025.
- Insignia of the MRA accrediting organisation.
- Name and registration number of the testing organisation
- Details of the item being inspected and the Standard to which it is being checked
- Calibration procedure
- List of equipment used for the test AND the currency of the test and calibration for each item used in the test
- The +/- accuracy that applies to the test and the UNCERTAINTY OF CONFIDENCE OF THE MEASUREMENT
- The actual recorded measurements along with the Temperature, humidity, Test Operator’s Name and Name of the checking and authorising officer.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Many companies and certainly any organisation doing Government contract work or in fact any serious workshop all require measurement and test equipment to have current certification that meets the above criteria. If your certificate merely says it has been checked on equipment that has been certified or similar wording, then it is NOT a fully traceable certificate under the ILAC_MRA scheme.
* ILAC means International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation
* MRA Means Mutual Recognition Arrangement. A number of different country organisations that evaluate and accredit test laboratories.
* Both these structures relate back to the current version of ISO 17025 for mechanical and test measurement.
* The purpose is to make sure that a certificate issued under this scheme by a peer reviewed accredited laboratory will be accepted everywhere.
Nearly every accredited laboratory will have different accuracy ability accreditation.
Buying gauges where the manufacturer and accrediting laboratory have the closest accredited measuring ability in many cases will make sure that the gauges will be in MAXIMUM METAL CONDITION and this means EXTRA WEAR LIFE and this means lower cost.
Always check the credentials of the testing laboratory.
More information can be obtained from ROBINSON INTERNATONAL PTY. Ltd +61295194566
Read more about the TRUTHREAD Screw Thread Plug & Ring Gauges Go/NoGo here.