The mining industry adds 206.2bn AUD in value to the economy and 147.9k jobs. However, the future lies more on Mining Equipment, Technology, and Services (METS) for mining companies to survive the post-boom challenges and secure revenue. Hence, Australia’s METS sector contributes approximately A$90 billion annually to the economy, making it an asset to the country’s overall competitiveness.
Post the mining boom, the industry has started transitioning into production, and capital expenditure is falling off. Thus, efficiency is now critical more than ever. Hence, the question remains, How do mining companies improve profitability by saving time, increasing productivity, decreasing downtime, and improve asset utilisation all at once? The answer is simple, employing and utilising the right technology that compliments the activities being carried out.
Backplane Systems Technology offers a range of capable technologies that are designed to add value to mining operations. Two of our topmost mining solutions consists of our comprehensive range of Rugged AI & Edge GPU Compute PCs and Versatile Rugged Tablets.
Rugged AI & Edge GPU Compute PCs:
Teleoperations in Mining- NRU-110V NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™. Inclusive of 8x Synchronised GMSL Automotive Cameras, 10Gb Ethernet, 4G LTE or Wi-Fi, Optional 4x PoE+ GbE Ports, and MIL-STD-810 Certified.
In-vehicle GPU Edge Computer for Mining- Nuvo-8108GC-XL Rugged GPU Computer supporting NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti. Based on Intel Xeon® E & 9th/ 8th-Gen Core™, includes 2x GbE, 2x PCIe, 2x mPCIe, 1x M.2 B, 2x 2.5” SATA, and 1x M.2 M.
In-Vehicle Controller for Mining- Nuvo-7200VTC supporting Intel® 9th/ 8th-Gen Core™ In-Vehicle Controller with 4x or 8x PoE+ Ports, single-slot PCIe Cassette.
Rugged and Fanless Solutions for Mining- SEMIL-1311J Half-Rack Rugged Fanless Computer Supporting Intel® Xeon® E or 9th/ 8th-Gen Core™ Processor with M12 Connectors and SuperCAP UPS.
Rugged Tablets have become of essence to the mining field because they offer:
- Seamless Communication from field to the office- more granular and accurate information coming from the field into your enterprise information management systems. Allowing for informative decisions in fluid situations. This flexibility will keep you a step ahead of the competition while improving productivity and revenues.
- Instant, reliable access to information in the field- whether we are talking about documentation, safety procedures, or a remote machine control interface, workers need fast and easy access to the critical information they need to get the job done, regardless of where they are.
- Fast and accurate input- The screen is intelligent enough to work properly even with gloves on and able to filter out the bogus signals from contact with the user’s palm or the presence of water droplets. Workers can quickly navigate through the apps and be certain that their inputs are accurate, even when they are working in adverse environments.
- Works with your existing systems-versatile I/O connectivity options like USB type C & A, LAN, Micro SD, Micro SIM, Micro HDMI, RS-232, etc.,
- No Downtime- Each battery has enough power for continuous use over an 8-hour shift or with an optional high capacity battery for up to 16 hours.
- Always ready to go- the tablets continue to operate in temperatures from -20°C to +60°C. They are rated IP65, so they can be reliably used in dusty and wet environments. They have been MIL-STD-810G Drop/Shock and Vibration tested and will keep going even after being dropped 4 feet.
To explore advanced mining solutions get in touch with our BST team.