Pyrotenax is the ultimate fire survival cable. It possesses a number of characteristics which together provide a unique combination of dependability, versatility and permanence, allowing it to be used in even the most difficult and demanding wiring applications.
Pyrotenax cable is very strong yet pliable, non-ageing, resistant to radiation and corrosion, waterproof and fireproof, being capable of carrying current at temperatures in excess of 1000°C.
Pyrotenax exceeds all worldwide fire performance standards. It is manufactured, tested and LPCB approved to BS EN 60702-1. The cable easily complies with the most severe BS 6387: 1994 Performance Requirements for Cables Required to Maintain Circuit Integrity under Fire Conditions:
- Resistance to Fire 950°C for 3 hours: Category C
- Resistance to Fire with Water Spray 650°C: Category W
- Resistance to Fire with Mechanical Shock 950°C: Category Z
Since becoming the Australian distributor for the cable, Pyrosales has supplied Pyrotenax for a number of key building projects across Australia. Pyrotenax has been the cable of choice for the following projects, testifying to its superior quality and unsurpassed safety standards:
- St Mary’s Cathedral: Pyrotenax has been fitted to the bell tower of this Sydney landmark, helping to protect and preserve the beautiful heritage building.
- St Paul’s Cathedral: this 19th Century cathedral in Melbourne has undergone extensive restoration. Pyrotenax has been used as part of conservation efforts.
- City of Adelaide: Adelaide Council chose to use Pyrotenax for external lighting around the South Australian capital. Being less intrusive than other cables, Pyrotenax was the ideal choice for this project.
When safety and reliability are needed, Pyrotenax is the natural choice. Contact Pyrosales today for more information about our range of Pyrotenax products.