Moving pre-fabricated timber trusses is awkward by nature due to their physical size and weight.
One of Melbourne's leading suppliers of pre-fabricated timber roof trusses to Victorian residential building contractors found the onerous task of moving their trusses from the processing are to their loading area with a forklift was compromising the safety of their employees as well as limiting their productivity.
Electrodrive was commissioned to provide an engineered solution which had to meet important criteria: compatibility with other plant and equipment; certainty in the product and improved productivity and efficiency.
The Tug Classic (3.5 tonne) was the perfect fit. It eliminated the need for forklifts in a pedestrian occupied processing facility; it emits zero omissions which have significantly improved the air quality of the environment and most importantly, the Tug was made adaptable to use with existing trolleys at a low cost implementation.
About Tug Classic
- Capacity: 1, 2 and 3.5 tonne models available
- Move heavy trolleys and wheel objects safely and efficiently
- Quiet, smooth operation with zero emissions
- Easy attachment to trolleys, manual or automatic hitches
- Simple to use, no driver's licence required
Benefits of implementation
- Reduced manual handling, eliminating heavy lifting and pushing
- Increased efficiency in process automation
- Increased productivity
- Reduced operator fatigue