Load Cell & Accessory Description
Find and buy load cells and load cell accessories from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. Load cells measure weight or forces such as compression, tension, bending or shear.
Things to consider when buying load cells:
- Know your application - Important factors to know before getting started are expected maximum load, direction of load, required accuracy - as % of maximum load, operating temperature - especially if it may vary.
- Electrical considerations - multiple load cells may require averaging or summing circuitry.
- The type of load cells required:
- Strain gauge: These are the most widely used and have a wide range of load capacity. They come in different mounting configurations e.g:
- S-beam: suitable for accurate dynamic and static measurement. Used for hanging or suspending a weighing system (tension).
- Platform: for applications requiring water tightness and high accuracy.
- Double-ended load cell: for multipurpose load measuring applications such as medium weight to high capacity weight measurement. Mainly used in bin, silo and hopper.
- Rope clamps: popular in hoist, crane and elevator applications due to their ease of installation.
- Hydraulic - immune to water damage, damage from lightning strikes and other electrical surges, operate over a wide range of temperatures, low maintenance costs.
- Pneumatic - Relatively slow, useful for lightweight applications with high sensitivity needs. Running on air they are explosion proof, hygienic and insensitive across a broad temperature range.
We also have a broad range of load cell accessories such as indicators, displays, transmitters, protectors, calibrators and junction boxes.