Find and buy grinding machines from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. Grinding machines remove material from a workpiece through friction with a moving abrasive medium.
Things to consider when buying grinding machines:
- Know your application - Important factors to know before getting started are the type of material you need to grind, the amount of material to be removed, dimensional precision, surface finish, speed and portability requirements.
- The type of grinding machine required - common types are:
- Surface grinders - permanently installed, used for precision grinding. The workpiece is held on a back and forth moving table and the grinding head is slowly lowered as required to produce a precise flat surface.
- Bench grinders - permanently installed, used for manual grinding. Typically incorporating two grinding wheels of different grain sizes, mounted on a double shaft motor that is secured on a workbench, with the operator manually handling the workpiece as required.
- Angle grinders - portable handheld grinders, used for manual grinding. They feature a robust compact design and are ubiquitous throughout the industry for their multitude of uses, eg grinding, cutting, shaping and polishing.
- CNC grinders - permanently installed, extreme precision machines, specialized for mass production with high production speeds while maintaining extremely tight tolerances, in some cases even within 2.5 thousands of a millimetre.
We also have a broad range of grinding machines accessories such as grinding wheels, belts, stones, disks and wire brushes.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on grinding machines. Delivery available Australia wide.